Wednesday, June 27, 2007

1st Checklist

So I am halfway through my first week and I am feeling pretty good. As Seebeck once put I still get alot of the "LT look"....as in I ask a question that is common knowledge to them and people give me the blank look as if I did something wrong. Its pretty cool right now though because the only things I am responsible for are the things on my checklist; basic inprocessing stuff (housing office, safety briefings, alot of medical visits, ..etc.). I am did however find out what my job is eventually going to be....I have the highly classified, most important job of .....manning the transition office desk; a little anti-climatic. I am actually excited about it because it allows me to work in the same building that the phase I & II pilots (guys flying the T-6). My job is just to inform the incoming supt (specialized undergraduate pilot training) students of what to do when they arrive I will work about 4 hours a day and about 3-4 days a week; all in all a pretty cake job. I will start training for it this Friday.
It is a very good feeling to be walking around base and just realizing to yourself that alot of these guys going through training are going to be the future leaders of our Air Force. Being in the transition office is great because everyone has their own story about how they came to be a Lt in pilot training. We also have some foreign exchange students which is pretty cool to be around to. I have narrowed down where I might be living...only problem is that it might be on the north side of Del Rio...kind of far from the base. Other than that things are going great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun "new adventure"! What a great way to keep everyone updated =)