Sunday, June 24, 2007

Laughlin AFB

So I am finally here. Everything I have dreamed about up to this point has culminated in .....hours of boredom. I know, not exactly what you were expecting.








I arrived to Del Rio TX after a not so bad 7 hour drive; 7 hours in a car seems so much better when you have never driven the route before....that is compared to the many drives from Kansas to Texas I have made. After arriving I had to still had to stay off base because there was no room on base. I took a quick tour of the base and then prepped my uniform for my first day of work. My first day of work turned out to be great. I ended up going to the wrong place to begin with but by days end I had my in processing check list and was doing my best to complete it. I ended the day with a long awaited work out; the gym is surprisingly nice on base but still does not have everything I would like.



Over the weekend I prepared my BDU (battle dress uniform) for monday.....I kind of came up prepared with that uniform. I was missing my cover and I did not have my rank sewn on. Sunday I went to church and just traveled around town looking for nice areas to live. Like I said I have alot of down time right now. I am not used to having this much time to myself on the weekends. Overall it was a great few days to start my stay here in Del Rio. I look foward to the upcoming week and what it holds.

2 comments:

JC said...

Great looking site and great way to track your history. Best wishes for success.

Unknown said...

I like this - good way of keeping track of what you are doing. MOM