Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sierra Hotel

Sierra Hotel!!!

I am filled with unutterable joy....really I am....I am typing this on a computer. Seriously though, I meet the qualifications to be an Air Force pilot. My dream is still alive! I can’t explain the feeling I have right now, I am really going to do this. I leave for IFS (Initial Flight Screening) in a month and a half where I will learn the basics of flight on a DA-20 (see below) for about six weeks. Then a month later I will be starting my initial briefings for SUPT (specialized undergraduate pilot training). I can’t remember a time when I never wanted to be a pilot; I have dreamed of this since I was a kid. From the time I played with every aircraft toy I ever owned, to seeing them at airshows, to learning about how they work in college, to now as I sit, watch, and listen to the 38’s roar down the runway off to fly their next sortie; soon to be me!. I can remember the day I put the uniform on for the first time. I was so overly excited, I had wanted to wear it for so long. I didn’t care that it had the lowest of the lowest rank; freshman cadet rank, one slanted bar. The only thing I cared about was that I now represented the United States Air Force; Something I have grown very proud of being apart of because of my father. I had the greatest sense of purpose. That day I felt like the most important person in the military….even though I was not even close to being in. That day came later when I pinned on my first gold bars; an equally great feeling. I am now an Air Force Officer, a second lieutenant. It will soon be my turn to have my chance at making my mark in pilot training. Soon!
I have added a few photos of what I would like to track in order of progression.



DA-20


T-6


T-38


F-16

F-22

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Has anyone ever told you...that you'd make an amazing motivational speaker!? Almost makes me wanna join the AF..almost =)